Tag Archives: kidmin
D6 Days gives FREE Kidmin and Fammin training May 1-4
Here is what you will find for FREE on d6days.com only on May 1-4, 2014.
- Darrin Patrick—Walking in the Spirit From the Inside Out
- Lydia Randall—Balancing Busyness in Ministry
- Rob Rienow—A Church Philosophy for the Generations
- Dave Stone—3 Gifts for Your Kids
- Leneita Fix—Connecting with the Urban Heart
- Tim Kimmel—A Grace Based Approach
- Walker Moore—The Orphan Heart
- John Trent—Where Do I Start? Finding the Plan that Works for You
- Diana Pendley—What I Wished I Knew My First Few Years in Ministry…25 Years Later
- Tim Smith—Creating Healthy Habits at Home
- Bob Davis—The Importance of a Kiss. A Model of a Healthy Marriage
Jump in now and watch your favorite family ministry speakers. Plan on being challenged to build your family and support the families within your church as they grow in the Lord.
New Free Kids Bible App from Youversion
1. Quality – Youversion is not going to release a program sub-par. Expect supreme quality.
2. Performance – Youversion’s adult Bible app runs smooth. We can assume this kid’s Bible app will run similarly.
3. Fun. My five year old cannot put it down. He loves it! The story is well read. They illustrations are fantastic. There is a lot to interact with in each scene and achievements can be made to reward the child.
4. Great Price. Free. Not going to get better than that.
A special thanks to Lifechurch.tv for being the source of youversion.com
D6 Megan Lacefield #D62013
Leading the NextGen Ministry Team
Have a cohesive plan from birth to college.
Leadership starts with you.
Consistently lead up.
support the core values of your pastor
Consistently lead down.
Lead with excellence.
It takes constant encouragement.
Know them personally
Create a team with individual and specific job descriptions.
Create an atmosphere of crossover between ministries.
Communicate a clear vision.
Fight for the unity of the team
Do you have a plan for the next generation? Do you have a plan for your team?
Pastor of NextGen Ministry at New River Fellowship Church
D6 Dr. Timothy Paul Jones #D62013
Family Ministry is about having a ministry bigger than your ministry.
What Jesus did was for the church and for the world. Something much bigger than your ministry.
How did our storylines in our ministries get so small?
There are spiritual reasons for this, but at the same time there is a context we live in that defines why our storylines got so small.
End of Deut. 6… to tell the story of generations past with view of generations future.
The History of Family Ministry in Five Drawings
1. The Society Movement -late 1800s
2. Efficiency Movement -early 1900s
3 characteristics: centralize, segment, professionalize
3. Separation– mid 1900’s
separate youth out. Keep them connected to church during youth years, and hopefully they will come back to the church after youth years.
4. Era of Dis-integration– late 1900’s
conglomeration of separated silos
other groups withiin the church wanted emphasis and self-focus like the youth had
congregation became a collection of programs
5. Coordination– present and future
comes out of a dissatification of this dis-integration era
keep different ministries but draw them in and help them to see how essential integration with generations is.
helps them see a image of a bigger story
driven by Gospel and drawn by a diverse community
Recognize you are part of a story that God is telling throughout the ages.
Help your children see that their lives are bigger than themselves.
What do I do with my church?
Don’t change things you are doing. Re-purpose what you are doing.
The TIE Principle:
Train Involve Equip.
How can you train, involve, equip your parents to do ministry?
Involve (do events that if your parents don’t show up, then it doesn’t work)
Equip (give a resource to parents to remind them of what they are to be doing)
What do I do with me?
Often our value is based on what we do in our ministry. We must remember that the story is bigger than ourselves. Our value is settled in Jesus.
Dr. Timothy Paul Jones
Proessor of Family MInistry at Southern
Serves in children’s ministry at Sojourn Community
D6 Rob Morgan #D62013
Hope For Your Prodigal
Sometimes attempting to be a D6 parent leads to L15 parenting (Deut 6, Luke 15)
Psalm 121 He who keeps Israel will never slumber nor sleep. (my child)
2 Samuel 14:14 The Lord devises means so that the Lords own will not be banished from Him
God has a way of working in our lives when we don’t realize that He is working at all
The correct response for a godly person is joy when anyone makes a response to God in their life
The older son was just as much a prodigal because he emblemized the pharisees
Grief/Grace Cycle when dealing with children in difficult times and situations
Acts 19:36 ; Psalm 107; Matt. 8:26 ; Psalm 131
The Lord wants you to have peace in the storm and calmness in the crisis
Remember: Prodigals have a way of coming home.
Senior Pastor of The Donelson Fellowship
D6 Rob Reinow #D62013
A Church Philosophy for the Generations
D6 Rob Reinow #D62013
A Church Philosophy for the Generations
2 Tim 3:14-17
Three theological foundations:
1. A lost doctrine in the church today: The sufficiency of scripture
The Bible is not only true, it is enough. It is sufficient.
Teaching- how to think right
Reproof- how not to think wrong
Correction- how not to act wrong
Training in righteousness- how to act right
Four levels of Scripture:
The Bible teaches doctrine- the truth of God
The Bible teaches righteousness- the will of God
The Bible teaches methodology- the ways of God
The Bible teaches jurisdiction- the call of God
2. The doctrine of jurisdiction
The jurisdiction principle
When a larger jurisdiction usurps responsibility from a lesser jurisdiction,
1) the crisis will not be solved and,
2) the proper jurisdiction is robbed of motivation, time, and resources to do the job
3. The patterns and commands for the early church, given to us by God in the Bible, are to be followed by us today.
Families/Church in the Early Church
Ephesians 6:4- early church methodology. Pastors helping parents.
The key to unleashing youth and child evangelism is discipleship within the family.
No biblical precident for separating worship with age.
Col 3, Eph 6, Acts 20
Children were included in the corporate worship service of the early church.
So many of our decisions in our church today are based on pragmatism….what works best.
Titus 2:4-5 The heart of women’s ministry.
Two top priorities in women’s ministry is marriage ministry and children’s ministry.
1 Tim 3., Titus 1- Criteria for men. First, he must manage his family well.
Gen. 1:28 multi-generational
The men of the early church didn’t invite people as much to the church as they did to their home.
In the early church multi-generational ministry wasn’t a department in church, but a framing for all of the ministry of the church.
Founder of Visionary Family Ministries
Author of Visionary Parenting and Visionary Marriage