Author Archives: Chris Young
D6days Handout for volunteers
Here is good quick handout for you to give your volunteers this morning at church so they can go home and listen to some of the D6 Conference speakers this afternoon.
D6 Days gives FREE Kidmin and Fammin training May 1-4
Here is what you will find for FREE on d6days.com only on May 1-4, 2014.
- Darrin Patrick—Walking in the Spirit From the Inside Out
- Lydia Randall—Balancing Busyness in Ministry
- Rob Rienow—A Church Philosophy for the Generations
- Dave Stone—3 Gifts for Your Kids
- Leneita Fix—Connecting with the Urban Heart
- Tim Kimmel—A Grace Based Approach
- Walker Moore—The Orphan Heart
- John Trent—Where Do I Start? Finding the Plan that Works for You
- Diana Pendley—What I Wished I Knew My First Few Years in Ministry…25 Years Later
- Tim Smith—Creating Healthy Habits at Home
- Bob Davis—The Importance of a Kiss. A Model of a Healthy Marriage
Jump in now and watch your favorite family ministry speakers. Plan on being challenged to build your family and support the families within your church as they grow in the Lord.
Saddleback Church will be hosting The Gathering on Mental Health and the Church on March 28, 2014.
Mental health affects the lives of one in every four people in the United States. There is not only a possibility that you will cross one of these people during your day, there is a certainty. Thankfully Saddleback Church has taken a lead in this prominent area that has been kept in the secrecy of our homes. Through the training, connecting, and information shared, hopefully we will begin to see hope come to the homes of those affected.
Visit the website here to stay up to date on information as it is released. This event will be webcasted to help reach audiences all across the U.S.
Love free? The grab this free video editing program until Feb 4.
There are a lot of great video editing programs out there. Adobe Premiere Pro is excellent but can run $400 for old copies, and much more for the current subscription services. And Final Cut Pro is $300 bucks. One of the big challenges for churches, is the cost involved.
In comes HitFilms (for just a few more days) This powerful software usually costs $149, but today you can pick it up for FREE.
This software can handle all of your basic video editing needs and also provide some pretty cool options for making enhancements to your videos in ministry.
Thanks to Tim Schmoyer, a youth minister and youtube pro, for tipping us off with this great free resource.
Feel free to leave a comment and share with us about your favorite video editing resource.
New Free Kids Bible App from Youversion
1. Quality – Youversion is not going to release a program sub-par. Expect supreme quality.
2. Performance – Youversion’s adult Bible app runs smooth. We can assume this kid’s Bible app will run similarly.
3. Fun. My five year old cannot put it down. He loves it! The story is well read. They illustrations are fantastic. There is a lot to interact with in each scene and achievements can be made to reward the child.
4. Great Price. Free. Not going to get better than that.
A special thanks to Lifechurch.tv for being the source of youversion.com